Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Home Base » General Discussion » Anime and Manga

Post subject: Near AMVs
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:55 pm 
Site Admin

So for a long time now I've been making AMVs that I take to anime conventions around the midwest. I've actually been pretty successful at it, winning several awards (even at some fairly large cons), and usually getting a really good reaction from the live crowds. I don't wanna post all my AMVs here at once, but I am going to go ahead and post my most popular one right off the bat (more to come later).

The anime is Space Dandy and the song is "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars. This AMV won Best Overall in the 2015 Naka-Kon General AMV Contest.

Post subject: Re: Near AMVs
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:41 pm 

This one is my absolute favorite! I also really like the one you did to "I Don't Fuck With You" but, at least for me, nothing can top the winning combination of Uptown Funk and Space Dandy. It fits so perfectly, and I can really tell the amount of effort that you put into it. A++

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

pjkio03 wrote:
This one is my absolute favorite! I also really like the one you did to "I Don't Fuck With You" but, at least for me, nothing can top the winning combination of Uptown Funk and Space Dandy. It fits so perfectly, and I can really tell the amount of effort that you put into it. A++

Speaking of that other one, might as well make it the next one I share here:

The anime is Rage of Bahamut: Genesis AMV and the song is "I Don't Fuck with You" by Big Sean featuring E-40. This AMV won first place in the 18+ contest at Naka-Kon 2016.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

This was my first attempt at a "serious" AMV (up to this point they were all Polkas... which I'll probably share here eventually).

The anime is Fist of the North Star (various incarnations) and the song is "Iron" by Woodkid. This AMV won second place in the 18+ AMV contest at Naka-Kon 2014.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

This is one of my favorite "guilty pleasure" AMVs.

The anime is (of course) Dragon Ball Z, while the song is (of course) "Turn Down for What" by DJ Snake featuring Lil Jon. This AMV won the "WTF" award at the 2015 Nebraskon.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:19 pm 

I really enjoyed the FOTNS and DBZ AMVs. Very well paced and edited :)

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

RoobyRoooo wrote:
I really enjoyed the FOTNS and DBZ AMVs. Very well paced and edited :)

Thanks! I do my best.

The anime is Squid Girl (Shinryaku! Ika Musume) and the song is "Don't Threaten Me with a Good Time" by Panic! at the Disco. This one aired at the 2016 Naka-Kon convention as well as the 2016 Nebraskon convention. It didn't win any awards at those shows (though I did have other videos that did), but I still love this one.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:25 am 
Site Admin

I had an idea for a One-Punch Man AMV that I liked, but I probably won't be able to bring this one to a convention. I could only take it to an 18+ contest due to violence and brief nudity (and possible language?), and I have a different AMV I want to bring to Naka-Kon's 18+ this year. Instead, this is one of what will hopefully be many direct-to-YouTube AMVs from me.

The song used is "Oh Hell Yeah" by H-Blockx featuring Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:03 am 
Site Admin

This Ghost Sweeper Mikami aired at the 2017 Naka-Kon convention. The song used is "Haunted House" by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:04 am 
Site Admin

I also had an AMV at Naka-Kon this year which isn't going up on YouTube. I posted it to the blog here: http://nearhentai.blogspot.com/2017/03/hmv-cake-boin-ocean.html

The anime is Resort Boin, and the song is "Cake by the Ocean" by DNCE.

Board index » Home Base » General Discussion » Anime and Manga